One of the hottest fields in information technology right now is mobile. Everyone wants their websites to be mobile or offer an app, so employers are looking for experienced, skilled IT employees to tackle these ongoing projects. In such a new field, one way employers are comfortable assessing candidates is through certifications. Which certifications will help you be most attractive to employers?
Mobile Development Certifications
Four places offer certifications in this field that will look great on your resume: Microsoft, MDI, Oracle and SAP.
- Microsoft’s Technology Associate (MTA) program offers certification in
Mobile Development Fundamentals, which proves a candidate’s ability to work with Windows Phone mobile devices and networked data and data stores, evaluate mobile programming code in XNA, Visual Basic .NET, HTML5, XAML and C# .NET, and develop mobile apps.
- The Mobile Development Institute (MDI), a nonprofit organization, offers three entry-level developer certifications for Apple iOS, Google Android and BlackBerry. To qualify for the MDI certification exam, candidates must publish at least one app on one of the platforms.
- The Oracle Certification Program (OCP) offers more than 200 individual certifications. One of its most popular certifications is the Java ME Mobile Application Developer, which recognizes mobile app developers who are proficient in using Java technologies and are well-versed on the Java Technology for Wireless Industry (JTWI) specification.
Mobile Networking Certifications
Mobile networking certifications are for individuals who implement, manage and support mobile devices and environments. Here are three places to earn them:
- CompTIA Mobility+ offers vendor-neutral certification in mobile networking, geared toward network administrators, security professionals and mobility architects and engineers.
- Citrix offers a Certified Professional – Mobility (CCP-M) certification that focuses on the design, installation, configuration and management of a Citrix XenMobile Enterprise solution.
- The Aruba Networks certification program includes three levels of Certified Mobility certification—associate, professional and expert—that support next-generation mobility.
Mobile Security Certifications
Mobile security is an area of great concern to most companies. Make yourself attractive to employers by earning one or more of these certifications:
- CompTIA Mobile App Security+ gives mobile app and software developers a vendor-neutral credential for those who design and build secure iOS or Android apps, and secure network communications and Web services.
- One of the Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) program’s most popular offerings is the GIAC Mobile Device Security Analyst (GMOB), a foundation-level certification for professionals who analyze mobile devices for security vulnerabilities and perform penetration tests.
If you would like more information about the importance of any of these certifications, or about the future of jobs in this field, feel free to contact the team at Triumph. We have our fingers on the pulse of what’s happening now in IT hiring, and what will continue to be hot in the future.